- Provided public relations services to promote the country’s largest cycling event which raises funds for the Children’s Cancer Research Fund by challenging cyclists to raise money for every mile they cycle during June through donations from friends and family.
- The PR campaign ran from the March through June and consisted of three phases: a national kick-off to drive registration; an awareness campaign to keep the program visible; and a month-long campaign to drive awareness and donations by telling the human-interest stories of the participants.
- To drive awareness and registration, the agency retained relevant celebrity spokespersons each year to participate in a kick-off event and conduct New York City media tours. Avid cyclist and Hall of Fame NHL goalie Mike Richter served in this role in 2016 while NY Giants linebacker, and cancer survivor, Mark Herzlich handled the role in 2017. Each conducted a dozen media interviews while Richter hosted a kick-off bike ride through Central Park while Herzlich hosted riders in Times Square.
- For the next three months, the agency reached out to local and national media to tell stories of participants, whether they be a mother of a young cancer patient, a cancer survivor, or a family riding the entire state of Michigan during the month.
- The two-year campaign generated more than 750 media placements and nearly 100 million media impressions. Participation increase from 12,500 riders and $1.7 million in 2015 to 26,000 riders and $3 million in 2016 and 38,00 cyclists and $4.4 million in 2017.
LEARN MORE AT: https://greatcyclechallenge.com/